Nutrition is an important part of a healthy lifestyle
Nutritional counseling analyzes various health needs in regard to diet and exercise and aims to set achievable health goals and teaches various ways of maintaining these goals throughout your lifetime.
A variety of people benefit from nutritional counseling as it assists all ages, ranging from pregnant women, to vegetarians, to the elderly and people with different medical complications.
Various benefits of nutritional counseling include:
- Increase in energy
- Healthier lifestyle and food choices
- Better quality sleep
- Reduced symptoms of disease
- Less drastic range of emotions
- Possible increase in longevity
- Strengthened immune system
- Lesser chance of disorders and disease appearing
- Better ability to concentrate
The course of treatment with a nutritional therapist usually consists of an in depth assessment of one’s health and mental health, a trial of supplements and individualized whole food meal planning, coaching and counseling to maintain the recommended diet and supplements, adjustments to the plan until physical and emotional symptoms subside, and follow up as necessary.