Our communities have been through a lot over the last two years, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our office’s commitment to your safety.
At Parkview Practice, infection control is the top priority and we follow recommendations and guidelines made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This allows us to make sure that our infection control procedures are up-to-date and enables us to provide the safest environment for our patients and their family members.
We ask that you please be patient and understand that we will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs as we know many of you are anxious to get back into our office. During this time, we have implemented additional safety precautions to help protect our patients and staff.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting and have implemented the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhoea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution. We will postpone treatment for any patient who has experienced or been in contact with someone who has experienced any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Upon scheduling an appointment, you will be screened by our patient care representative. A COVID-19 screening questionnaire must also be completed when you arrive at the office.
- Every person entering the office is expected to wear a face covering and will be asked to sanitize their hands immediately upon entry.
- We will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes social distancing and allows for adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments.
- Upon arrival at our office, call us before entering the office to let us know you have arrived. We will call or text you once the office is ready for you to enter.
- We ask that patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need a guardian to accompany them, we ask that this be limited to a single family member.
- Your temperature will be taken with a contactless thermometer upon your arrival.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, charging stations, children’s toys, and so forth, since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Clear plastic screens (sneeze guards) have been installed at the front desk to minimize exposure to airborne pathogens.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately.
The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted.
Thank you for being part of our family practice.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbours, and friends.